Thursday, January 5, 2017

January Jones Doesn't Need a Man

January Jones recently sat down for an interview with Red Magazine, where she opened up about being a single parent. Here's what she had to say:

On being surrounded by strong women:
“Maybe I should get a manny soon. But Xander has a lot of bro time with the neighbour dads and my dad, who is super young. It’s good to have strong women around a man. To teach him to respect women. He doesn’t have a male person in his life saying ‘don’t cry’ or ‘you throw like a girl’. All those shitty things dads accidentally do."

On dating:
“People want to set me up all the time and I’m like, ‘No way.’ If I meet someone and we go out, then fine, but I’m not going to go look…” (She makes a puke noise and grins.) "Something else would suffer if a relationship came along. Yes, I’m willing to make that sacrifice for the right relationship – I just don’t feel I need a partner. Do I want one? Maybe. But I don’t feel unhappy or lonely. It would have to be someone so amazing that I would want to make room. Someone who would contribute to my happiness and not take away from it. I realise I have very high expectations and will probably have to compromise – but my life is so full. It’s not like, ‘Aww, I wish I had a man.’ After I had Xander, I went on a couple of dates and I was like, ‘I’d rather be at home sleeping, or watching TV or hanging out with my kid.’”

On relocating to Topanga Canyon from Silverlake:
“It’s like in a Spielberg movie. The adults have more drinks and the kids are dirtier… but it’s safe. Photographers don’t follow us up there, so Xander has a pretty normal life now.”

On her daily life:
“I love to cook a soup on Sundays for football. Have the neighbours over – the kids play. [Weekdays] it’s just me and a nanny. No one lives in the house with us. I go to work, always leave at 5pm, come home, let the nanny go and then I’m mum. I put Xander to bed. Watch two hours of reality TV, then go to bed myself. It’s escapism. The Bachelor, Bachelorette, The Housewives of Whatever – all of them.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment