Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Colton Haynes Opens His Journal To Help With Mental Health

Actor Colton Haynes recently shared two journal passages with Paper Magazine as a mental health check in; one from two years ago, and one from last month. Below is the excerpt from last month.

"NOV. 12th, 2016

Sitting on my couch in my new home by the beach. Looking through old photos and remembering how different life used to be. I'm often called "Miss Memory Lane" by my closest friends due to the fact that I always look at old photos hoping to relive the memory. But what I'm finally realizing is that I can't and wouldn't want to go back to that headspace ever again. So clouded and unsure about myself, my life, my privacy, my mental health. I'm finally in a position where I can say I'm the happiest I've ever been. I've accomplished so much with so little and my smile is finally not forced. I've taken control of my own life for the first time and won't ever let anyone silence me or my passions ever again. I'm finally free. I'm successful. I'm independent. I'm still short but that won't change lol. I think I'm funny even if others don't haha. But most of all...I'm outspoken.

Don't be afraid to seek help. There are so many people out there who put their jobs first and their mental health last...and trust me...it will creep up on you. There are so many amazing people out there who can help with anxiety and other mental health issues...please don't be afraid and know that it gets better."

National Suicide Hotline: ‪1-800-273-8255


The Trevor Project hotline: ‪1-866-488-7386

Read the "before" essay at Paper Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment