Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Sophie Tweed-Simmons Talks Curves

Sophie Tweed-Simmons, daughter of Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed, recently sat down for an interview with People, where she talked about launching her modeling career. Here's what she had to say:

"When I was 14 and just trying modeling, they would flat out tell you, 'You're not small enough.' Or [agencies] will take you as a model, but then they won't send you out on any castings without telling you why...I just love that Adore Me is hiring [curvy models] because it's setting an example for the next generation of girls. I didn't have that, so I'm happy to be a part of it." 

On body confidence:
"When girls hit the age of 12 or 13, for some reason we all start hating ourselves, and it took me a long time to get over that, especially being a curvier woman and having a mom that's a model. I just didn't have the same body type as her, and I really didn't have a body role model growing up. Her body wasn't something I could relate to. She sat me down at a very young age and said, 'You got your body shape from your dad's side of the family, and that's not the shape that I am, but that doesn't mean that your body is any less beautiful than mine.' I think that's a conversation that parents don't seem to have with their kids, and I'm thankful that she did with me, because we really do compare ourselves to our parents."


A photo posted by Sophie Tweed-Simmons (@sophietsimmons) on

No comments:

Post a Comment