Friday, June 17, 2016

Amy Schumer Is In Vogue

Amy Schumer is on the cover of this month's Vogue. Here's a sampling of what she had to say in her interview:

On her work ethic:
“I wouldn’t know what motivates Tina Fey and Julia Louis-Dreyfus. This insatiable drive. I have it too. Sometimes I feel like they’re hustling, they want something, and they’re not going to stop until they get it, and they play the game. I am very into making up my own rules. Like, I don’t want to play the game and succeed at it. I want to redefine it. That’s the only way I can deal with it. Maybe that’s naive.”

On hiring Inside Amy Schumer writers that had little prior television experience:
“I think that partly explains our success, because they aren’t seasoned old vets who have seen every joke in the world. It was new to all of us.” 

On why she prefers New York over Los Angeles:
“Living in New York, I don’t have to deal with that whole industry part of it. There’s no networking. I don’t pretend to be nice. An agent called me the other day, probably to poach me, and he was like, ‘Hi!’ And I was like, ‘Why are you calling me?’ He made up some bullshit. ‘I was just looking for an excuse to call you!’ And I was like, ‘Well, it sounds like you didn’t find one.’ ”

On fashion:
“I don’t think it’s stupid; there’s no moral reasoning. It’s just not my thing. I just have this sense of entitlement that I should be able to feel comfortable at all times, like I could go to bed at any moment in what I’m wearing. I think that there’s a misconception in fashion that everybody wants in. I am very happy to remain out.”

On sex:
“I was always boy crazy, but I wasn’t promiscuous. They were acting out sexually years before me. I loved being around that, but I didn’t have sex until I was seventeen. And I didn’t give a blow job until I was well into college. I’m sure I had some sort of dick in my mouth, but I wasn’t performing sex acts until later.”

Read her full interview at Vogue.


No comments:

Post a Comment