Thursday, June 16, 2016

Mara Wilson Comes Out as Bisexual

Mrs. Doubtfire and Matilda actress Mara Wilson recently addressed her sexuality in a slew of Twitter posts. People reprints her remarks as follows:

"Me at a gay club when I was eighteen. I feel embarrassed looking at it now…Being a 'straight girl' where I clearly didn't belong, but I will say, I felt so welcomed there. I have never had a better experience at a club than I did then. Great music and people. And one of my friends met his partner that night. I haven't been to one since college, except once when a friend brought me along. I didn't feel like I belonged there. But the LGBTQ community has always felt like home, especially a few years later when I, uh, learned something about myself. So thank you." 

She later went on to state openly that she is Bi, and ranked her self a 2 on the Kinsey scale: "I know a lot of people don't like the Kinsey scale, and that is fine by me. But I'm pragmatic at heart and find comfort in numbers." (2 on the Kinsey scale is "Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual").


No comments:

Post a Comment