Thursday, May 5, 2016

Sarah Paulson Talks Love

Sarah Paulson recently sat down for an interview with No Tofu magazine. Here's what she had to say:

On success:
“I have a very good friend named Pedro Pascal and he had a similar thing with Game of Thrones. He and I talk about how grateful we are that [the success] happened when it did. We are so aware of how rare these kinds of things are, how hard fought they were for both of us, that we don’t take any of it for granted. Nothing about it is common place, nothing about it is ordinary, nothing about it is just a typical day when you’re just hanging out on set with Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates. This is a very extraordinary, lucky thing that is rare. Rarified rare.”

On coming out:
“[Cherry Jones] won a Tony Award [in 2005], I kissed her, and all of a sudden I was outed. I didn’t really think about it in that way at the time — I was just doing what one would do when a person they love has just won a big fat acting prize. What am I gonna do, pat her on the back and say ‘good job, dude?’ It didn’t occur to me to do anything but what I did...I had anxiety. I was worried somehow that there was going to be some fallout if Aaron [Sorkin] or anyone on the show knew that I was with Cherry. [But] on my very first day, when we met to do the table read for Studio 60, Aaron walked right up to me and says, ‘I didn’t know you were with Cherry Jones, that’s so wonderful. I just want you to know that you’re safe here. You never have anything to worry about. You’re safe here.’ It was the biggest exhale of my life. I didn’t realise how anxious about it I had been until he said that...I believe that everyone should be allowed to speak their truth and just say what they want to say and show the world who they are. You should be able to love whomever you fucking well please.”


No comments:

Post a Comment