Thursday, May 5, 2016

Chloe Grace Moretz Talks Kim K Twitter Feud

Chloe Grace Moretz is on the cover of Glamour this month. Here's what she had to say:


Glamour: Your recent Twitter exchange with Kim Kardashian West made headlines. After she Instagrammed a nude photo, you tweeted: “I truly hope you realize how important setting goals are for young women. Teaching them we have so much more to offer than just our bodies.” Why did you want to send that message?

CGM: I had just gotten off a plane from South Korea, I was incredibly jet-lagged, and I couldn’t take one more thing. I saw that photo, and I had to say something. That picture wasn’t linked to body confidence. It wasn’t a #BodyConfidence or #LoveWhoYouAre. It was done in a slightly voyeuristic light, which I felt was a little inappropriate for young women to see. … I would hate for young women to feel they need to post certain photos in order to gain likes, retweets, favorites, and male attention.… I wasn’t slut-shaming. It’s not about body shaming.

Glamour: Kim responded by tweeting: “let’s all welcome @ChloeG Moretz to twitter, since no one knows who she is. …”


CGM: I started laughing. I was at dinner with my family [when] I got the notification [on my phone]. I look at it and I go, “Oh my God. She responded.” My mom took the most offense to it because it was girl-on-girl hate and Kim didn’t come back with an educated response on body confidence. It was aggressive, and also it was incorrect. I don’t have 45 million followers or a TV show that follows my life. But people know who I am. I pride myself on having opinions, and I don’t express them in snarky ways toward people.

Read the full interview at Glamour.




No comments:

Post a Comment