Friday, May 6, 2016

Chelsea Handler Talks New Show

In preparation for the debut of her new Netflix show Chelsea on Wednesday, May 11th, Chelsea Handler sat down for an interview with the New York Times. Here's what she had to say:


“I don’t want people turning it on and seeing the same thing. Monologue. First guest. Band. Da, da, da. I just can’t do it that way. All these shows try to start out selling something different, and ultimately all become the same, just with a different guy. I have to do everything I can to prevent that from happening...I’m my own island. I have nothing to compete with. It’s exactly where I want to be.”

On how she makes career decisions:
“I’m totally impulsive. I was impulsive when I signed up with E! and that lasted eight years. I was impulsive when I wrote my first book and then I wrote five. I would never want to be another way.”

On her departure from E!:
“We’re on before the Kardashians or after the Kardashians. We’re surrounded by people who are nonsense. No one’s coming to this network looking for news or political stories or human interest or global issues. None of the things I’m interested in are being talked about. It’s one-dimensional. And I was one-dimensional.”

On Stephen Colbert:
"Look what’s going on with Stephen Colbert and that show. What is that? He’s being himself and he’s not. He didn’t go in and make a different show. He’s just following in the footsteps of someone else.” 

Read the full interview at the New York Times.


No comments:

Post a Comment