Thursday, March 31, 2016

Former Superman Dean Cain Critiques Batman vs Superman

The Hollywood Reporter had the great idea of calling up former Superman Dean Cain and asking him what he thought about Batman vs. Superman. If you click the Hollywood Reporter link, there are spoilers in the original interview, but I have removed them below. Here's what he had to say:


"My son and I went to see it...The movie obviously was so well made; the effects were incredible. It was too long, though, and I admit, I dozed off a tiny bit but maybe that's because I was tired after a lot of traveling. Ben was great as Batman and Henry is a very good Superman. This incarnation is so dark compared to the lightness of Superman I've grown to know and love, as seen in the two versions that I grew up with — Christopher Reeves and myself. That's the only difference to me. (This movie) inhabits a dark world and Superman is such an alien in that world. Wonder Woman is really easy on the eyes, and I love that they introduced the other guys, the Justice League, because those stories are very cool. I loved how they did that."

What's your take on Henry Cavill as Superman? And his suit?
"The suit looks fantastic; the suit is amazing! I would call him lucky to get that suit instead of the Lycra that I had. Henry is a big, physical guy, and he looks “super" if you will (laughs). I've met him before and he has that Superman special something. This is a different incarnation, as I've mentioned. My favorite of all time will always be Christopher Reeves. He'll always be Superman in my eyes."

Superman has a rough go in this film. What was that like to watch?
"It's odd for me to watch that because of that incredible strength that he possesses. Whenever I played him, I played Superman as if I had a secret that nobody else knew. That secret is that you could always win. It seemed that Superman didn't have that in this film. That was different for me. I don't like seeing him get kicked around so hard. But what I did like a lot is that Superman was so heroic in this film. That is definitely in tune with the Superman that I know and love."


No comments:

Post a Comment