Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Chris Hemsworth Talks Hollywood

Chris Hemsworth recently sat down for an interview with Vanity Fair, where he talked about Hollywood. The magazine quotes him as follows:

“When I got to Hollywood, they said I’d never make it as an actor—they said I was too tall, too blond, my muscles were too big.”

On getting cast as Thor:

“I had an audition with Ken [Branagh, for Thor] that didn’t go very well. I remember walking out thinking, Oh well, there goes that opportunity. Then one day Joss and Drew were reading the trades, and on the front was the final four for Thor. And they pointed to Liam and said, ‘Hey, is that your brother?’ And I said, ‘Yeah.’ And they said, ‘Why the hell aren’t you in the mix?’ And I said, ‘I didn’t get a callback.’ And they were like, ‘This is crazy.’ And I was like, ‘If one of us gets it, that’s cool.’ And they were like, ‘No way. That should be you.’ And when casting opened back up, Joss called Ken and said, ‘Give Chris another shot.’ ”

Read the full interview at Vanity Fair.


No comments:

Post a Comment