Friday, July 10, 2015

Joel McHale Talks X-Files Reboot and Michael Eisner

Joel McHale recently sat down for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, where they talked to him about a variety of topics. Here are a few of them:

On the X-Files Reboot:
"I’m an alien and I kill both Mulder and Scully and it’s over. It happens in the first episode and the next five looks back on what happened. No, you can imagine how much I can say. I’m playing a conservative talk show host and it’s the time of my life. I loved that show growing up. Duchovny and Anderson have a chemistry that comes along once in a century. And it’s one of the best-written shows to ever exist."

On Michael Eisner's comments about women who are both beautiful and funny:
"Clearly he’s wrong. To say that it’s really hard to find a beautiful woman who is funny is wrong. I do think that it’s hard to find movie stars in general. Think about the number of people who have come here and the number of people who’ve gotten shots. They give you a big movie to star in and think of how many of those people don’t make it. The list goes on and on. It’s hard to find bonafide movie stars. It’s very difficult to find someone who the entire world says, “We will watch you.” Finding a superstar is so rare. I know so many insanely good actors who don’t work or they work a little. A Harrison Ford and a Sandra Bullock only come along once in a while — they are special, they are different and they have something that isn’t tangible."

Read the full interview at The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment