Friday, July 10, 2015

Bill Murray Went To His First Comic-Con, And It Was Awesome

Bill Murray attended San Diego's Comic-Con for the first time to promote his new movie Rock the Kasbah. Entertainment Weekly has some of the highlights from his panel:

On co-star Bruce Willis:
"We have an ancient history I wasn’t aware of…when I was on Saturday Night Live, Bruce was a page. It’s a job you take where you’re kind of a slave. It’s like an intern-slave. His job was to refill the M&M and peanut bowls in the actors’ dressing rooms. Years later, after a few tequilas, he said, [doing a reasonably growly Willis impression] ‘Only you and Gilda were nice to me.’ He’s all right. We had a fun time.”

On Miley Cyrus:

“I’m gonna say this officially: Miley Cyrus is good. I was not particularly convinced, but Miley Cyrus is really f—ing good. She can really sing. I thought she was a knucklehead crazy girl, the kind of girl you’d want to go on a road trip with. But she can really sing. She floored everybody: Paul Shaffer, George Clooney. I don’t wanna hear any bad rapping on Miley Cyrus.”

On his favorite role:
“Once upon a time, I did save the city of New York. And I had the coolest damn car to drive around Manhattan.”

On his upcoming Netflix Christmas special:
“We did a goofy Christmas show, which was a great story we [Murray, Glazer, and Sofia Coppola] wrote. We had a bunch of unusual people. We had Buster Poindexter, Dave Johansen, Jenny Lewis, Rashida Jones, the band Phoenix. We had Paul Shaffer, Jason Schwartzman, and then out of nowhere comes Miley Cyrus.”

Read the rest of the highlights at Entertainment Weekly.


No comments:

Post a Comment