Friday, July 10, 2015

Jackie Collins Talks Hollywood's Treatment of Women

Jackie recently sat down with The Hollywood Reporter, where she talked about Hollywood's treatment of women. The publication quotes her as follows:

"We know Hollywood is shit to women. Women over 35 now are playing grandmothers. That’s what it’s down to. It’s absolutely crazy. And then, 50-year old actresses are all going and getting their faces done and it’s doesn’t look good. It looks good on some people, but on a lot of them — men, too. Have you seen that man with the craggy face, and he’s just had his eyes done, so he’s got these little, puppy-fresh eyes on this craggy old face? And so I think, men and women should cut back on it a bit, because it doesn’t do them favor. Age is a number. What did Mark Twain say? He said, something about age is…I’ll think of it."

And on 50 Shades of Grey:
"It’s great that she’s sold so many books and sold so many movie tickets. I did see the movie, yeah. I thought the movie was very beautiful and beautifully shot, but not sexual. It wasn’t sexy the movie. ... I had a big drink and a pizza while I was watching it, and I was like, ‘Are we going to see his dick or what?’ No."

Read the full interview at The Hollywood Reporter.

No comments:

Post a Comment