Thursday, April 9, 2015

Liz Smith Opens Up To The Hollywood Reporter

I know some of you already read about this yesterday in the comments, but for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, the Hollywood Reporter's profile on Liz Smith is a must read. Here's just one little tid bit from the interview, about her advice on love:

"You and Brando were friendly before he was famous.
I was living in the Village in a tiny apartment with all sorts of people coming in and out. Marlon was dating my friend Elaine Stritch at the time. One night, he called me at home and he said, "Liz, Elaine just keeps letting me kiss her but she won't go any further." I said, "Put her on the phone." I said, "Elaine, you don't understand about men. They aren't satisfied with just kissing. So you have to stop being a prude or just end it."
Wise advice. What did she decide?
They were both pupils of Stella Adler, so they wisely decided to break up. Another one I met early on was a girl named Shelley WintersModern Screen assigned me to go around with her in New York while she bought Christmas presents. Every store we stepped into, Shelley would take these expensive things and head for the door. The shops were horrified, but they were afraid to ask her to pay. So I really disliked her after that."
Read the full article at The Hollywood Reporter.


No comments:

Post a Comment