Friday, January 26, 2018

Hasty Pudding Honors Mila Kunis, Starts Accepting Women

E! News reports that Mila Kunis was this year's recipient of Harvard's Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year Award. At the same time, Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals Group announced that for the first time in the group's more than 200-year-old history, the previously male-only group will start accepting women.

Kunis had this to say about the decision:
"I'm here. I wouldn't be here otherwise. It wasn't a stipulation. It was just something that to me, was very important. And I think that, to clarify, this is something that this program has always wanted to do. It has nothing to do with me or today. It simply is something that was going to happen inevitably If you're going to ask somebody to not show up, it's a pretty weak stance to take. Most of Hasty Pudding is women. They are just simply not onstage."

No comments:

Post a Comment