Friday, December 1, 2017

Star Wars Covers Rolling Stone

This week's Rolling Stone cover story is about The Last Jedi. Here are some highlights from the article:

Writer/director Rian Johnson on what to expect of the movie:
"I shook up the box a little bit...That's one thing I hope people will be surprised about with the movie. I think it's very funny. The trailers have been kind of dark – the movie has that, but I also made a real conscious effort for it to be a riot. I want it to have all the things tonally that I associate with Star Wars, which is not just the Wagner of it. It's also the Flash Gordon."

Daisy Ridley, on the film's theme:
"It's somewhat a reflection of society. But also it is escapism, because there are creatures and there are people running around with fucking lasers and shit. So, I think, a wonderful mix of both."

Adds Gwendoline Christie:
"During testing times, there's nothing wrong with being transported by art. I think we all need it. Many of us are united in our love for this one thing."

Adam Driver on Rian Johnson:
"If I had that job, I would be stressed out. To pick up where someone left off and carry it forward, but also introduce a vocabulary that hasn't been seen in a Star Wars movie before, is a tall order and really hard to get right. He's incredibly smart and doesn't feel the need to let everyone know it."

Rian Johnson on Carrie Fisher:
"You got to experience a little bit of that magical sphere that she created. I'm happy I got to poke my head into that, briefly, and know her even a little bit...We didn't end up changing a thing. Luckily, we had a totally complete performance from her...It's a sad reality. In terms of going forward ... time will tell what ends up getting done."

Read the full article at Rolling Stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment