Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Adam Driver Might Not Watch The New Star Wars

Adam Driver recently sat down for an interview with Esquire ahead of the release of the latest installment of Star Wars, titled The Last Jedi. Here's what he had to say about watching the newest movie:

“I’m there when we’re making the movie. My favorite part is the doing of it. Seeing how they come up with shots or what their direction is or when I’m assuming they’ll say something and they don’t. For me, that’s the most interesting part. But then how it looks is kind of . . . I can’t just watch it objectively. I always hate it and then come back to, like, ‘Okay, that’s fine, it’s not about me. It’s the story.’ I can’t watch it once. I have to watch it five times, you know? The movie is over. It’s on film, so it’s permanent. But if I think about it more, it’s just an obsessive loop I keep playing in my mind that I can’t get caught up in because it’s totally self-destructive and not helpful moving forward. Because that’s happened to me before. I see myself, and then the next thing I’m thinking about is Fucking hell, my face is long or Why am I doing that thing!

...The thing with Star Wars,is that they’re like, ‘Trust us, ther e is space behind you.’ Or ‘Trust us, your lightsaber will work.’ So a part of the impulse in wanting to see it is because there is so much visual shit going on that I didn’t know what was happening. You know what’s happening in While We’re Young, you know? I did it. We’re in a bike shop. With Star Wars, it’s like, ‘This is . . . where you meet Snoke.’ And I’m like, ‘Okay, it’s kind of like a cave. I get it.’ Or ‘Oh, that looks like Andy Serkis. I can’t tell.’ ”

Read the full interview at Esquire.

A post shared by Esquire (@esquire) on

No comments:

Post a Comment