Thursday, November 30, 2017

Paris Hilton Has No Regrets

Paris Hilton is on the cover of Ocean Drive Magazine. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

In 2003 with The Simple Life, there was no social media, no smartphones. How do you think things have changed for you?
"It was a completely different world. No social media whatsoever. So I couldn’t control anything that was being said about me. Today, it’s all of these influencers, brand ambassadors and bloggers; they are really making a career out of posting just from their cellphone. It’s amazing how anyone with a phone can basically build a career off of it."

Think about all the potential opportunities and money that could have been made back then... 

"I was definitely before my time, and the beginning of a whole new era, and it started a new generation and genre of celebrity. I think it was pretty groundbreaking, and I love being a pioneer. But being a businesswoman, I would’ve loved to have capitalized on it. I was just doing it because I was having fun, but at the same time, created a new business of being the first one to be in Las Vegas to start the whole public appearance fee. I’m ver y proud I started a whole new way for young people, young entrepreneurs and people with dreams to make a living and a ver y lucrative business off of it. Instead of most kids getting some boring job, they’re actually doing something they’re passionate about. It’s amazing how this technology has taken it to another level where people are making lives from it."

What would be your advice if you were staring into a mirror, or you were talking to young stars of today?

"I’ve been in this business for so long now, I’ve seen so many people come and go, it can’t just be some little boring shit that they do. I’ve seen a lot of things where people do some crazy publicity stunt that’s humiliating. People are just doing anything now to get attention because nothing is shocking anymore. I think it’s more about finding what you’re passionate about and doing it in a positive way and something that’s going to help the world. I see a lot of things right now that are just very shallow and fake, and it’s not genuine. People need to think about what they do. Everything that’s on the Internet is going to last forever."

How would you say you’ve evolved?
"My priorities have completely shifted. I’ve really grown and just became an adult, learning and having a lot of life lessons. It really shaped me into the person I am today, where my priorities are not about having fun and going to parties. It’s more about giving back, using my voice for those in need of it, and also my business, my family, my relationship, my boyfriend, my pets and my friends. That’s all that matters to me. When I was younger, it was more about constantly having to be on a reality show and having to play a character. You just lose yourself and kind of forget who you are. It’s a shallow existence. I know what’s important in life and what I really care about. I’m very proud of the woman I am today. I didn’t want to be known as just the Hilton Hotel granddaughter. I wanted to be known as Paris."

Do you have any regrets? Is there anything you wish you would have done differently?

"I have no regrets in life; everything made me the woman I am today. But there are certain people who I wish I never met and that I just wasn’t so naïve sometimes, and I always wish that I knew everything that I know now back then. I look back and I don’t even feel like I’m the same person anymore."

Read the full interview at Ocean Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment