Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sam Smith Almost Quit Music

Sir Elton John recently interviewed Sam Smith for Attitude Magazine. Here are some highlights that interview:

“There was a period, when making the record, that I was in a really bad place. I got dumped, which wasn’t very nice. Writing music about that kind of thing is normally like therapy for me, but when I got dumped this time round I just couldn’t write for about two months. My team had to force me to get into the studio, because I almost felt as if I didn’t want to do it any more. So, there were moments on there where it got a bit intense and I started to lose myself."

(Elton John asks if Smith feared that he would never be able to write again)
“Yeah. I was just too sad… Then I started drinking a lot, going out too much and just not looking after myself. I feel like the year I spent writing new stuff was a recovery period, to get used to this new job that I have. This new world that I’m living in.”



No comments:

Post a Comment