Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Milo Ventimiglia Talks Growing Older and Dating Costars

Milo Ventimiglia recently sat down for an interview with Mr. Porter. Here are some highlights from that interview:

On the popularity of This Is Us:
“People need shows that are similar to their life, where heart and family is front and centre. Hopefully, it’s forcing them to look at their lives, how to make a positive change, to connect with a family member or connect with a loved one, see another side, communicate. People have told me the show is therapy – they have a good cry, but also they feel like they have a better approach to their own life by watching the show.”

On his current increased level of fame:
“When everyone pushes harder and faster because of the speed of growth of the show, I start to back off, slow down, remain present. When I was younger, I got caught up in dreaming too far ahead in the future. The older I’ve gotten, the more I want to appreciate where I happen to be, the people I happen to be with, the moments that don’t happen to everyone. I’m doing exactly what I wanted to do since I was a kid. There’s nothing more that I need.”

On what he learned from dating co-star Hayden Panettiere while working on Heroes:
“Never do it again. There are things that happen to you in your life that shape who you are. Everything I’ve been through from jobs to friendships to partnerships, everything has built me to who I am. You learn from it. You learn a better way of doing things. It wasn’t until my mid to late twenties that the job wears on you, relationships wear on you. But I wouldn’t change a thing. When you get knocked over the head in life, it builds your perspective.”

On growing older:
“I’ve always looked forward to being older because people always looked at me as younger. It was the same thing with my mother and my father. My father is 70 and my mother is closing in. But they don’t look it. They have young genes. Young spirits."

On being a lifelong vegetarian:
"I never knew anything different. It’s not very Italian… I listen to my body. Eat a lot of lentils, beans, nuts. I do whey shakes if I’m on the go.”


Read the full interview at Mr. Porter.



No comments:

Post a Comment