Monday, September 11, 2017

Miranda Kerr on What She Believes

Miranda Kerr recently sat down for an interview with Net-a-Porter's The Edit. Here's what she had to say:

On whether or not she believes in magic:
“Well, not magic but, you know, energy and intention. That’s what life’s all about...I believe that everything that happens in life is for our own growth and learning. And when we learn those lessons, new ones come along. Which is good. Who doesn’t want to expand and grow?”

On expanding her skincare line Kora Organics:
“[Husband] Evan [Spiegel] inspired me. He said, ‘Why are you spending your energy working for other companies when you should be focusing on your own? You need to take a risk. If you believe in this, put everything into it.’ I’ve modeled for 20 years, it’s just not a priority anymore. Now, if an opportunity comes up, I think, ‘Is this in the best interest of my family?’ and ‘Will this interrupt Kora?’ If it passes through those two gates, and if the shoot’s in LA, then...”

On why all of her products state on the packaging, "created with love by Miranda Kerr":
“I believe in the power of words to uplift. The world can be so negative, so if you take a little moment to be conscious about your thoughts, you can uplift yourself – choose your thoughts and choose your reality.”

On married life:
“My grandma taught me that men are visual and you need to make a little effort. So when [Evan] comes home, I make sure to have a nice dress on and the candles lit. We make time to have a nice dinner together. At work, I’m like, ‘We need to do this!’ and, ‘This needs to happen!’ But at home, I slip into my feminine and empower Evan to be in his masculine...Just be more in my feelings. More gentle, leaning back. It’s a nice balance.”

Read the full interview at Net-a-Porter.




No comments:

Post a Comment