Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Julianne Moore Talks Career Evolution

Julianne Moore is on the October cover of InStyle Magazine. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

When the interviewer compliments her for her reputation of always being kind to everyone, on-set and off:
“I mean, I remember when I was a waitress when I was first in New York. I’d wait on tables and there were people who wouldn’t even make eye contact. It feels so terrible to have someone literally not look at you. The worst thing you can do to someone is not see them, make them feel invisible. It’s really important for us as human beings that we acknowledge people, that we make them feel seen. Because why wouldn’t you?”

On how her approach to acting has changed over the years:
“The older I get, I find, the more I prepare. I thought when I was younger that I was prepared. But it just pales in comparison to the amount I do now. Maybe being young, you think, ‘Well, I know how to do this!’ and the older you get, the more you realize that you don’t know anything...Now I realize I locate the characters within myself. I don’t have to suppress or get rid of anything that’s mine; I just figure out what to amplify. But you do have to access all your emotional function to get there.”

On aging:
“I mean, let’s not talk about this idea of ‘Oh, no! I’m going to be 40!’ You could be dead. So enjoy it. It’s a privilege to age! Even in scripts, they’ll refer to a character as ‘aging.’ Well ... everyone is aging. In literature and in movies, when people try to stop the process, it always ends in disaster. I think it’s really important to be where you are.”

On maintaining a work/life balance:
“I don’t think [my success] would be fun at all if I didn’t have a family to draw on and be in. Bart and I have a very solid private life.”

Read the full interview at InStyle.



No comments:

Post a Comment