Friday, July 28, 2017

Miranda Lambert Stays Away From Politics

Miranda Lambert recently sat down for an interview with Billboard; here's what she had to say:

On her album The Weight of These Wings, released in December:
“I just didn't need to talk about the record. If you want to hear my side of the story or my opinion of what happened [with Blake Shelton], it’s all on there. There’s no mystery anymore -- take from it what you will...I walked in [the studio] with guns blazing. I just knew one thing: I didn't want a breakup record. I was like, ‘Let’s feel it all.’ I was ready to have the days where I can’t even stand up and the days where I’m celebrating.”

On her image in the industry:
“I’m not going to try to fit in, but I’m not trying to be an outlaw -- I’m just trying to do me. And if that’s carving my own path or making my own lane, then I’ll do that. I’m more known for my fiery personality and my confidence, but that’s not me all the time. I won’t look at things ever again in the same light, because different things in your life bring you to a deeper level with yourself. I won’t take pain for granted anymore.”

On how she unwinds:
“I go to my farm, and I don’t wear makeup for a week or wash my hair. I put it in a bandanna and wear cutoffs and play with my dogs.”

On the lack of female representation in country music:
“It sucks. It makes me mad. You can print out any top chart, and you’ll see maybe a couple females, or not even one. I’m thankful for my spot headlining festivals. I’ve worked for it -- but I shouldn't be on a whole show with no girls...I think there was a time [for women] before, and there will be again, and that doesn't stop any of us. I love country radio when they all play me, and when they don’t, I think that sucks...If I get a door kicked open, I want to hold it open for the girls coming behind me.”

On staying out of politics:
“I am a 100 percent believer in not ever using the platform that I’ve built for anything other than music, because music to me is an escape from your own reality. I don’t want to go to a show and hear somebody preach about their opinions. It’s so divided [in politics], you can’t win anyway -- and what are you winning? For someone to agree with you, and now you’ve spoken your piece and pissed off many other people, just for one person to go, ‘She’s right’? It doesn't do any good.”

Read the full interview at Billboard.




No comments:

Post a Comment