Thursday, July 27, 2017

JVDB Is So Over Dawson's Creek

James Van Der Beek recently appeared on the "Allegedly With Theo Von & Matthew Cole Weiss" podcast, where he reflected back on Dawson's Creek. Here's what he had to say, as reprinted by Us Weekly:

“I’ve never seen the last episode. I remember, I think, how it ended.”


On whether or not he was satisfied with the ending:
“Sure. It’s interesting. It’s a weird thing because people obviously … when you make any kind of entertainment, people own it. They own a relationship to it. It’s amazing, and the fact that it resonates with anybody today … and that they even care my thoughts on it, I feel like my thoughts on it are kind of irrelevant. I’m not as invested in that. It was something that I did, not something that I wrote. I was a part of it. Honestly, I feel like a passenger on the whole thing.”

On Dawson's Creek fans today:
“Honestly, it’s a weird thing to relate to because it’s not so immediate for me, but I do recognize that it’s immediate for people who watched it on Netflix like yesterday. I try my best to be there and be present for those kinds of questions.”

On whether or not he still cashes Dawson's Creek checks:
“No, not much. Hardly any at all. I was young. We signed really bad contracts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment