Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Darlene Cates, Mom from What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, Has Passed Away

People reports that Darlene Cates, who played the role of Bonnie Grape in the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, has passed away in her sleep at the age of 69. Cates is survived by husband Robert, sons March and Chris, daughter Sheri Ann, and four grandchildren.

After the film, DiCaprio wrote to Cates, telling her, “I’m not really the best in expressing my words in writing but you are the most special person I have ever [met]. I’ll always remember you as the best acting mamma I ever had. You triumphed in your role.”

When he learned of her passing, DiCaprio wrote on his Facebook, "Darlene was the best acting mom I ever had the privilege of working alongside. Her endearing personality and incredible talent will live on in the memories of those who knew her, and those who loved her work. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time."

No comments:

Post a Comment