Friday, February 26, 2016

Elton John Throws Major Shade at Janet Jackson

Elton John recently sat down for an interview with Rolling Stone, where he had this to say about other singers:

On Madonna:
"I say what I feel. I probably went too far with Madonna, and I got very personal and I wrote her – she was very gracious."

On Janet Jackson:
"You know, fucking music magazines writing a review of Janet Jackson saying, 'This is the greatest show – four and a half stars.' It's fucking lip-synced! Hello! That's not a show! I'd rather go and see a drag queen. Fuck off."

On Billy Joel:
"He's one of the great American songwriters. But I know when people used to say to me, 'You're wasting your life,' I'd go, 'Fuck off!' and I wouldn't speak to them for two years. Billy was pissed, and I understand. But does it mean I don't love him? No, of course not."

And on American Tabloids:
"In a way, I'm grateful to them. Americans sort of think of their stars as royalty and give them an easy ride. Elvis Presley would never have happened in England because he wouldn't have been able to hide away. Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith – the British are so 'Oh, get a fucking grip.' They're so hard on you. If Brian Wilson had lived in England, he wouldn't have had a [disgraced guru] Dr. Eugene Landy to deal with.


No comments:

Post a Comment