Friday, May 29, 2015

Natalie Portman Gives Graduation Speech At Harvard

Natalie Portman recently addressed the graduating class at Harvard. The Hollywood Reporter quotes her as follows:

"You are here for a reason. Sometimes, your insecurities and your inexperience may lead you to embrace other people's expectations, standards or values, but you can harness that inexperience to carve out your own path. My complete ignorance to my own limitations looked like confidence and got me into the director's chair. Once there, I had to figure it all out, and my belief that I could handle these things, contrary to all evidence of my ability to do so, was half the battle. The other half was very hard work. You can never be the best. The only thing you can be the best at is developing your own self. Make use of the fact that you don't doubt yourself too much right now. As we get older, we get more realistic, and that includes about our own abilities — or lack thereof. That realism does us no favors. What has served me is diving into my own obliviousness, being more confident than I should be."

Watch her full speech below:



No comments:

Post a Comment