Friday, May 29, 2015

Demi Lovato Speaks Out About Bipolar Diagnosis

Demi Lovato is the new face of the Be Vocal campaign, which encourages people to speak up about mental health. In an interview to promote the new campaign, she revealed her own bipolar diagnosis. Page Six quotes her as follows:

"Growing up, I felt very, very depressed. Even though I was playing concerts and living out my dream, I couldn’t tell you why I was upset. I remember smiling and thinking great, OK, so there’s not anything wrong with me as a person. It’s actually just a condition that I have and I can do something to fix it. I don’t have to be like this forever. It’s not something that anyone should be ashamed of. The more people talk about it, the more people can come out and get the help they need. I didn’t understand why I was going through what I was when I was dealing with all of this, and I realized I could share my story and help others. If that’s my purpose for being on Earth, then that’s what I want to do. There’s so much more to life than just singing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment