Monday, November 13, 2017

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Talk Life on the Road

McGraw and Faith Hill recently gave a joint interview to Billboard to promote their first joint album, The Rest of Our Life. Here are some highlights from that interview:

On what first drew them together:
Faith: “Although our stories are very different, there was a missing link within our souls that we both related to.”

Tim: “I had a very dysfunctional childhood. So I wanted what I didn't have: a stable family.”

Faith, on being adopted:
“I used to think there was some kind of conspiracy, that I must be the daughter of one of my aunts. And of course I used to dream I was Elvis’ daughter. I have a great family: salt of the earth, hardworking. But I’m a gypsy at heart. I had a spirit that was completely outside what my family was. I didn't know anyone I was related to, biologically, which gives you a sense of not ­knowing who you are.”

On gun control:
Tim: “Look, I’m a bird hunter -- I love to wing-shoot. However, there is some common sense that’s necessary when it comes to gun control. They want to make it about the Second Amendment every time it’s brought up. It’s not about the Second Amendment.”


Faith: “In reference to the tragedy in Las Vegas, we knew a lot of people there. The doctors that [treated] the wounded, they saw wounds like you’d see in war. That’s not right. Military weapons should not be in the hands of civilians. It’s everyone’s responsibility, including the government and the National Rifle Association, to tell the truth. We all want a safe country.”

Read the full interview at Billboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment