Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cardi B Talks Success

Cardi B is on the cover of New York Magazine. Here's what she had to say in her accompanying interview:

On empty reassurances:
“They keep saying, like, ‘You got this,’ ‘You’re the one.’ Sometimes I get a little discouraged, and I wonder how it is going to be next year, but it seems like everybody already predicting where I’m gonna be next year, and it’s just like fucking farther than my asshole.”

On her song Bodak Yellow:
“It makes you feel like a bad bitch. It gives you this self-esteem. Sometimes I don’t feel like I’m the prettiest, sometimes I don’t feel like I’m on top, and when I hear ‘Bodak Yellow’ again, I’m like, ‘Yeah! I’m that bitch!’ ”

On wedding planning:
“The world is not ready for it. Everybody got to be wearing red.”

On working as a stripper after high school:
“I get really happy when people see me perform and they’re rapping my music, but it’s a different feeling when you’re dancing and the men throwing you money because you look good. It’s just like when the rice is getting thrown at the bride. That shit really make you feel powerful. It’s the power of the pussy. It’s just like you’ve got to finesse it...You know what, girl? I can tell you struggle with this. So I’m gonna just tell you this. If a guy asks you if you want something, don’t be shy and be like, ‘No …’ Say yes. Say yes to everything. ‘You want me to buy you some food?’ Yes. ‘You want me to buy you a car?’ Yes.” 

Read the full interview at New York Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment