Friday, September 1, 2017

Actress Chloe Bennet Claps Back at Instagram Troll

E! News that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Star Chloe Bennet recently posted on Instagram praising Ed Skrein from stepping down from his role in the Hellboy reboot, where the character is supposed to be Asian. When a commenter asked Bennet why she changed her last name from Wang to Bennet, Chloe had this to say:

"Changing my last name doesn't change the fact that my BLOOD is half Chinese, that I lived in China, speak Mandarin or that I was culturally raised both American and Chinese. It means I had to pay my rent, and Hollywood is racist and wouldn't cast me with a last name that made them uncomfortable. I'm doing everything I can, with the platform I have, to make sure no one has to change their name again, just so they can get work. So kindly love, fuck off."

No comments:

Post a Comment