Thursday, August 31, 2017

Maria Menounos Gives Health Update

Maria Menounos appeared on The Today Show on Wednesday to give an update on her health after having surgery to remove a brain tumor earlier this year. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by Page Six:

"[The side effects are] getting better and better. Each week you see differences. I still have a hard time chewing on my right side because it was on my right side and it affected my trigeminal nerve, which controls all of your face. Little things, I can get dizzy moving my head side to side. Sometimes I can look like I’ve been in a car accident, so I just shift carefully...Overall, I feel so lucky to be functioning and to be almost normal and to not have cancer.”

On how the brain tumor has shifted her perspective:
“I’m just so much calmer I think because I just see things so differently now. I think being still is so important. I did see this all as a gift. I did shift everything into positives throughout this whole journey and I think that’s really important because we are all going to have really hard times in life. It’s how we respond, how we react, how we shift to see the good. Because out of every bad thing, something good comes if you see it, if you open your mind to it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment