Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Kate Beckinsale Works Out

Kate Beckinsale is on the cover of Shape's January/February cover. Here's what she had to say:

“I start out absolutely dreading it, do an incredibly punishing workout, bitch about it the whole time, and end up feeling 100 percent better when I leave. Working out is basically nature’s antidepressant...I work out hard with Gunnar [Peterson] five or six times a week. We have loads in common, like our kids. During our sessions we have long talks about teenagers, and then suddenly one day I find that my ass is in a lot better shape than I thought it was!”

On sweating:
"I love yoga, and that’s all I used to do. But hardcore workouts have really made a big difference in my life. I have a lot of internal energy, and intense exercise helps me channel that energy. I find balance by doing a workout that makes me pour sweat. I never was that girl before, but I am now."

On eating the right foods:
"I was a vegetarian for a really long time because I am incredibly squeamish about meat. But when I was filming Pearl Harbor, I didn’t have enough energy, and the trainer I was working with at the time said ‘You’ve got to start eating chicken and fish.’ So I did, and that helped me. Lily and I eat clean—we have a lot of sautéed vegetables like brussels sprouts and broccoli and chicken and fish. Also, I don’t drink alcohol. I feel [its effects] very quickly, so I’ve never actually had an entire glass of anything alcoholic."

On morning exercise:
“I basically wake up, eat breakfast, and then work out. I prefer to get it done in the morning. That said, I don’t naturally get up early. It would be much better for me if the entire world went to bed at 4 a.m. and woke up at noon. But it doesn’t, so I’m usually staggering around first thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment