Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Carrie Underwood Asks for Help

Carrie Underwood recently sat down for an interview with Redbook, where she talked parenting. Here's what she had to say:

On how her onstage persona "Carrie Underwood" differs from the real "Carrie": 
"I love being onstage, but that's different. That's not Carrie. That's Carrie Underwood. The rest of my life I feel like I'm incredibly disappointing to people. Like if I run into someone at the grocery store, I really don't know what to say because I don't have a microphone in my hand or bling on. They expect me to be 'Carrie Underwood,' but I'm just Carrie. I'm sorry!"

On having a second child with her husband, NHL star Mike Fisher: 
"If my husband were at the beginning of his career, I'm not sure we could handle it. Since he's kind of nearing the end and won't be traveling so much, we're like, "We can figure it out for not that long." You make it work. When I was pregnant, I thought, How am I going to go on the road? How am I going to keep doing my job? I had to just give it to God and stop worrying about it. Sure enough, we figured it out."

How online bullying has changed the way she uses social media: 
"I feel like bullies have changed the way I react to the world. You want to be connected to your fans, and I used to feel like I could go through social media and talk to people, really have that communication. But you get to a point where there are too many mean people saying mean things — probably just to get a reaction from you — and eventually I was like, "I don't know if I can do this." You have to have a barrier up, which is sad."

Her advice for working mothers: 
"Ask for help. Accepting help is hard for me, but I'm learning. Sometimes I feel guilty that this is my son's life: We live on a bus and we're in a hotel room and sometimes we're in the middle of nowhere and it's not so great. It's not all glamorous. We have a nanny who helps out, especially when we're on the road. But I'd feel guilty asking someone to watch him at home while I run to the grocery store."

How having her son, Isaiah, has changed her as a person: 
"I definitely feel like it's changed me as a person. I'm happier. I'm in a better mood a lot of the time. He'll be watching cartoons and I'll be watching him. I'm completely in love. I love it when he's sleepy and I get to hold him and smell him. He doesn't know I'm staring at him and being all googly-eyed!"


No comments:

Post a Comment