Friday, September 30, 2016

Amanda Knox Looks to the Future

Amanda Knox recently sat down for an interview with Good Morning America. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by E! News:


"I think I'm trying to explain what it feels like to be wrongfully convicted—to either be this terrible monster to be just a regular person who is vulnerable. What I'm trying to convey is that a regular person like me, just a kid who was studying abroad who loved languages, could be caught up in this nightmare where they're portrayed as something that they're not. Now my attention is turning towards the next person. My name's cleared. I'm fine. I'm moving on with my life. I'm going back to graduate school. I'm redeveloping my relationships. I'm redeveloping my relationship with freedom.

I can't go back to the life I had before and neither can the exonerees that are out there and a lot of times their stories go overlooked and I think that it's our moral duty to examine the cases of a wrongfully convicted person from the perspective of their humanity...to really demand that we have objective looks at their cases and the facts of their case as well as them as people as opposed to demonizing them the way that I was."

On Meredith Kercher:
"That's the really sad part about this tragedy is that as soon as the prosecutor made it about, 'It has to be Amanda, it has to be Amanda,' they took away the fact that this case is about her and what the truth was about what happened to her. She's been lost in all of that, but that doesn't change the fact that we have also an obligation to everyone that could potentially be innocent to find out the truth for the sake of the victim."

Amanda Knox's Netflix documentary debuts today.


No comments:

Post a Comment