Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Refinery 29 Blind Item - The Bitter Birthday Ruiner

"After being an assistant for a variety of bosses in the film industry and corporate scenes, I started working for a woman who owned a huge PR firm. She’d always make snide remarks about her married friends and complain about her lack of love life. After seeing her roll her eyes when I told her I had a boyfriend, I soon realized it would have been best to keep that status of my personal relationships private.

"Knowing that I had a demanding job, my thoughtful boyfriend made sure to tell methree months before my 25th birthday that he was planning a surprise weekend trip for me. I asked my boss if I could have that weekend off and she said yes. Literally, at midnight the night before the trip, she texted me, saying she wanted her entire home to be remodeled, immediately. I was to be at her house the next morning with ideas and a list of famous interior decorators to contact and to try to get in the same day. When I reminded her that I had a trip scheduled three months before and that she had confirmed I could go, she simply responded that there was someone else who could take my job in a second. I honestly don’t think she would have done that if I had told her it was a family member or friend who had planned the trip for me, and not my boyfriend. I ended up just quitting."


Source: Refinery 29

No comments:

Post a Comment