Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Robert Downey Jr. Talks Seeing Sarah Jessica Parker Again

Robert Downey Jr. recently opened up to Howard Stern about reuniting with Sarah Jessica Parker. Us Weekly quotes him as follows:

"You know how life goes and so many things happen, particularly when you're looking at the back nine and you're not a kid anymore. You go, 'You know, this trip to New York, as opposed to just doing what's required of me, I actually want to take care of some personal business. I wanna check in with someone I shared a big part of my life with and say hi.'

Private stuff aside, we were able to spend some time together and it was really cool. I went over to her place and then we went down the street...some tapas place on the corner with a friend of hers, after. You know, the funny thing too, is you always have a perception of somebody that you spend a big chunk of your life with and I think it's typical to the human thing that the further you get away from that in your new relationship, you [unintentionally] taint your perception of the person.

Seeing her, I was like, 'She's so great and so cool and so funny and so in-command.' I got to meet her kids and I saw the way that she and Matthew lived and I respect both of them so much...You have fresh eyes and you're actually willing to go to a deeper level of acceptance and kind of just make peace with the way life is. Anytime I was in a relationship, I thought, 'You're gonna bury me next to this woman.' It's not that simple and God has other plans. I said everything I wanted to say. It's a little bit stilted but then there's this familiarity that overtakes it and you realize you're just in the presence of this fully mature mother and woman and artist and human being. There's good enough will left over, you didn't burn that bridge."

No comments:

Post a Comment