Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Carrie Fisher on the Public Reaction to the Harrison Ford Affair

Carrie Fisher recently appeared on the Today show, where she addressed the backlash about revealing her affair with Harrison Ford during the filming of Star Wars in her new book The Princess Diarist. Here's what she had to say:

"I am surprised at the reaction. I don't think [the affair is] that surprising. A lot of the fans did think about it for awhile. They made up Carrison as a word...I was not sort of a cavalier person. It was sad because I was so insecure…it's very raw. Obviously, I didn't expect anyone, including myself, I suppose later on, to read [the diary]. I wasn't raised that way. But, when you're on location, this is something I discovered—everything is permitted. I didn't know that. I haven't been on a location since." 

On Harrison's reaction to the news that Carrie was revealing the affair:
"I feel really bad about doing that to him. I told him I found the journals and that I was going to publish them. He sort of went, "Lawyer!" 

Watch the full interview below, complete with appearance from Gary Fisher!

No comments:

Post a Comment