Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Nicholas Brendon Reveals Past Abuse

As we told you earlier this week, Nicholas Brendon was arrested again at a Buffy convention in Florida for drunk and disorderly. The local paper, The Tallahassee Democrat, caught up with Brendon for an interview, and the paper quotes him as follows:

"I’ve been dealing with depression for a while. I stopped taking my meds a while ago, which was a mistake. And it culminated [Friday] into my taking some sleeping pills (nine to be exact) and then going into a blackout. It’s up to me to take care of me seeing my doctor again and getting back on the proper medicine and not cheating myself. When I was a kid, I was molested for two years by a teacher. And that’s never been talked about anywhere. From that moment, my life changed immensely. I haven’t talked about it because I didn’t want to use it as a crutch. I’m seeing as I get older that it did have a huge, huge affect on me. I always thought it was something I could brush aside, and it’s something I can’t brush aside."

No comments:

Post a Comment