Thursday, March 23, 2017

Terrence Howard Talks Non Violence

Terrence Howard recently sat down for an interview with People, where he talked about changing his ways. Here's what he had to say:

“I’ve made terrible mistakes throughout my life. I was dragging baggage with me that was crippling me mentally and physically. But I finally feel I can put that to rest. I can breathe again.

My dad whooped me every day until I was 14. Then he said, ‘The street will whoop you from now on.’ ...the kids would do horrible things to animals in the neighborhood. I’d try and save them and take the beating instead.”

On how he has changed over the last few years:
“I was raised believing the man is in charge, but I’ve realized marriage should be an equal partnership. Two weeks after meeting Mira, I gathered up things associated with my past and found a nice hill and buried them all there. Mira settled me.” 

Mira, on Howard:
“He refuses to kill a fly. And we’re trying to teach our kids not to pick flowers.”

And back to Howard:
“I know in those two weeks or month of a fly’s life, that’s 80 years for them. And we smash them so quickly. I hope if someone saw me trapped, some bigger creature would help me...I still have growing to do. I just hope the mistakes I make now are smarter mistakes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment