Thursday, December 31, 2015

Leonardo DiCaprio Passed on Star Wars

In the most recent stop on his "I'm a serious actor, give me an Oscar already!" tour, Leonardo DiCaprio talked to ShortList about all of the roles that he's turned down (because he's a serious actor). The publication quotes him as follows:


Did that include playing Robin in Batman Forever? There’s a rumour you screen-tested for it...
"I never screen-tested. I had a meeting with Joel Schumacher. It was just one meeting and, no, I didn’t end up doing it."

Did you actually want the role?
"Er, I don’t think I did, no (laughs). As I recall I took the meeting, but didn’t want to play the role. Joel Schumacher is a very talented director but I don’t think I was ready for anything like that."

Do you feel like you dodged a bullet?
"(Laughs.)"

Were you in talks to play Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels?
"I did have a meeting with George Lucas about that as well, yes."

What happened?
"Same scenario (laughs)."

He wanted you, but you didn’t fancy it?
"Um, right. Exactly."

Why?
"Again, just didn’t feel ready to take that dive. At that point."

How close did you come to playing Spider-Man before your friend Tobey Maguire took the part?
"Er, that was another one of those situations, similar to Robin, where I didn’t feel ready to put on that suit yet. They got in touch with me."


No comments:

Post a Comment