Thursday, December 31, 2015

Lauren Cohan Talks Getting Fit

Actress Lauren Cohan recently sat down for an interview with Shape magazine, where she talked about getting fit. The magazine quotes her as follows:

"I was very skinny as a kid, but when I was swimming...and just having fun, I never worried about how I looked. In my teens, though, I started to be more aware of my body, and I didn't like being skinny. People made fun of me for it. So when I got to college, I hate a lot of junk and I gained weight. I loved it because I didn't stand out as a bony girl anymore! Eating became a way of not getting attention for looking too skinny, but it was also about self-sabotage."

"When I don't exercise in the morning, it's a completely different day than when I do. Working out gives me endorphins and makes me happy. I need it! I am the queen of exercise variety...Working out is harder when we're on set. We film in Georgia, and I can't go to classes. So I do exercise DVDs that have a lot of leg lifts, kicks, arm lifts—things that don't need equipment. And I move all the time. I take the stairs, I do press-ups between scenes, and I do sit-ups before I eat lunch."

No comments:

Post a Comment