Thursday, January 28, 2021

Disqus Bugs and Spam Comments

Good evening, Anarchists!

This happens from time to time, but it seems that Disqus is acting up a bit more than normal lately. It has been sending comments to moderation that contain like swear words, which are definitely allowed on this site - must be a glitch that I hope gets fixed soon. If your comment gets sent to moderation I will approve it as soon as I see it.

Additionally, Disqus has been experiencing some random Spam comments over the past couple of months. We all know each other by now - if you see a comment from someone that you don't recognize that contains just a link, Do not click on the link!!! I remove the spam comments as soon as I see them, but if you ever spot one, "flagging it" will remove it from view and send it for moderation (I updated the settings so that flagging a comment one time removes it from view. I know my fingers sometimes hit the flag button accidentally when I'm on the mobile view, so if this starts affecting regular comments, I will switch the "flag" settings back). 

Always something these days, right? 

XOXO,
Outtie


No comments:

Post a Comment