Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Show and Tell 4/14/20

A place to show and tell the latest and greatest from YouTube and Social Media. Here are a few to kick things off:










View this post on Instagram

Happy Easter & Passover or Just Sunday. Today I celebrate 23 years of sobriety on Day 30 of Quarantine. Ironically, I have never felt more free. The reflection that has become more abundant lately in our recent stay-at-home mandate has reminded me how truly lucky I am and eternally grateful for the oath I gave myself in 1997 in order to survive. If you can exhibit moderation in your life I envy you and have one for me! If you find yourself struggling there's an out. If you're not SURE that it's really a problem it most likely is. I try to never sound preachy because when people laid that stuff on me before I was ready I hated it. Because they were right and I wasn't ready to deal. You need to want it really bad or everyone's opinion is just loud noise. Two words for my shackled brothers and sisters out there- GET READY. I know quitting seems insurmountable but I promise you it's not as tough as that gorilla you're carrying up that long ass hill every day. Clarity, accountability and gratefulness on the daily will give you the high you've been chasing without killing yourself and your loved ones in the process. We'll still be flawed and tested and at times losing but taking it one day at a time and waking up still sober will become your heaven. Don't get me wrong I still have my shit and struggles but I'm able to address it without the spins and denial. Oh yeh, and you can't get there alone so flush that pipe dream. There's help if you want it. Now I'm gonna have me a double espresso and some pecan pie. ❤️
A post shared by Brad Garrett (@bradgarrett) on

No comments:

Post a Comment