Friday, December 29, 2017

Drew Barrymore Covers InStyle Magazine

Drew Barrymore is on the cover of InStyle Magazine. Here are some highlights from her accompanying interview:

On getting into fashion design:
“I kept feeling this burning desire to build an apparel brand for women by women, to explore something romantic. I took it back to my love of tailoring and having been in a costume house my whole life. I have a body type that I tend to cover up. So it’s nothing tight, not big and boxy, more of a fluid drape that feels like the ’20s, ’40s, and ’70s. Not utterly casual but efforted in its effortlessness.


I’m very conscious about the way people feel. When I was making movies, I just didn’t want to tell a depressing story; I wanted to tell one about some type of self-improvement. I thought, ‘There’s enough shit in life. I want optimism and joy.’ At the same time, I don’t like magic-wand happy endings—and now I don’t like magic-wand makeup or magic-wand clothes.”

On her work ethic:
“From a young age I was overly passionate and thought everything lived and died in a professional atmosphere because, back then, it was really all I had. I didn’t have a family. I’ve been working as long as I can remember. When people say, ‘Be present,’ I want to punch them in the fucking face. I just get murderous. I think I find the advice ‘Just put one foot in front of the other’ far wiser. There’s a simplicity to that—a motion and an action.”

On her personality:
“My kids know I get a gleam in my eye when I feel like I’m being messed with. It makes them laugh...It is so much cheaper, faster, and more fulfilling to just be nice. Do you see the extremes now? “God or the devil, face ripper or ‘Take the shirt off my back,’ I definitely have a ferociousness. And I’ve always had it. I completely rebel against authority. Scrappy. I am very fucking scrappy.”

On her children:
“Today I picked Frankie up at the playground, and she let her cheek rest against my lips for a really long time. So I just hummed a song and didn’t really move so as to not break the moment. And, oh my god…I think I was actually being present today! But nobody was telling me to be, so I guess it’s OK. My girls make me stop—stop thinking and rushing and needing to do ... They make the whole world totally stand still. They are the love I’ve always wanted to know.”

Read the full interview at InStyle.



And here it is. The official newsstand cover. Thank you for making me feel foxy. Acting like a women. Not just a overextended mom and worker bee! Sometimes playing dress up for any reason in the world can remind us “we still got it. And don’t lose it” because I know daily life isn’t like this. This is fantasy. A dream come true. Doing a magazine is a privilege. And a moment! This particular endeavor was worth sharing. As I am proud that it has a story and a cool angle. This issue inside the magazine has all different images, so let this leave you wanting more. The whole piece is just fun! And don’t we all just need fun in the world right now? Thank you @instylemagazine for bringing in the new year this way! Let’s all look back at our lives with loving eyes. Let’s all look forward like a bunch of bad asses and make this year epic!
A post shared by Drew Barrymore (@drewbarrymore) on

No comments:

Post a Comment