Monday, November 20, 2017

Jason Momoa Bulks Up

Jason Momoa is on the cover of Men's Health Magazine. Here's what he had to say in the accompanying interview:

On learning to play bass:
“Look at this thing, man! This thing is so fuckin’ badass!...There’s a bunch of stuff I want to learn. Instead of waiting around on set all day, I’d rather be learning something cool...I just started learning this. I just can’t sit still, man. There’s too much shit I want to do.”

On buying cool shit:
“This is my Aquaman guitar, dude. I saved a lot of money so I could get this thing. There’s only a hundred of these in the world. I have number nine. I told my wife: one woman, lots of toys!”

On fatherhood:
“I really can’t tell you what the hell I was doing before I had kids. Just fucking off. Wasting time. I think I was pretty reckless and definitely a bit out of control. Now I’m more focused. I probably love myself more and take care of myself more because I want to stick around...When I was 15, I was out of the house; I was gone. Right now I’m just Papa.”

On mentors:
“Sometimes you don’t learn it from your parents. You learn it from your best friends. Instead of just, ‘This is what a man’s supposed to be’ and all the bullshit stuff out there, you can make something really positive. The truth is we’re all searching. We’re all looking for guidance, for mentors, and I’m by no means someone to follow. I’m a degenerate too, you know? I have my ups and my downs like anyone. All I can do is be me.”

On his legacy:
"I want to be remembered as, I hope, an amazing husband and a great father. My kids are my greatest piece of art. If I can pump them full of amazing stuff and surround them with beautiful art and music, then I’m going to live out my life watching them. They’re already way smarter and just way better than me. God, I love it. It’s beautiful. I want it to be the greatest thing I ever do: make good humans.”

Read the full interview at Men's Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment