Friday, January 20, 2017

Kesha Still Isn't Free

Kesha recently sat down for an interview with Viceland's music show Noisey, where she talked about the status of her career. Here's what she had to say, as reprinted by The Hollywood Reporter:

"When you work really hard at something, then to have it taken away from you is pretty devastating. I worked my ass off for a lot of years to be able to do it: I sang backup vocals, and the first couple songs I was on, I didn't give a fuck, because I just had this one vision. Once you earn that and make that happen, then to have it taken away from you is pretty devastating. It is definitely a mind fuck." 

On her love of country music:
"I've always loved country music and listened to it a lot growing up, so now I'm like kind of allowing myself to just tap into like my music roots a little more recently. Here, it really is the utmost importance to tell the story, and that's really what Nashville songwriting is about — the song is the most important thing...I think I am just like finding my voice in the world, and so the past three years has been me taking my center and myself back and my voice."

When told by the interviewer that she's "got pipes":
"That's the thing that really makes me mad is I know I do. I just want people to see that side of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment