Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Woody Harrelson Frees Up World's Pot Supply

Woody Harrelson recently sat down for an interview with Vulture, where he revealed that he stopped smoking pot a year ago. Here's what he had to say:

What’s a misconception that people have about you?
Woody Harrelson: "[Another long pause.] They think I’m a party animal, which … I am a party animal. I mean, that might be one thing. But I am a party animal. But on the other hand, I haven’t … I’m now extremely moderate and … I actually stopped smoking pot almost a year ago."

Mazel tov. That’s not easy. I’m also in the process of trying to quit.
WH: "Oh, really?"

Yeah, I had a problem with it.
WH: "Why? Just too much?"

It messes with my head and makes me less productive.
WH: "Yeah, that was a little bit of my issue. Just 30 solid years of just partying too fucking hard."

What do you do to keep from relapsing?
WH: "Well, like, last night, someone had — not just good herb but sativa; really good sativa. There’s a joint, and beautifully rolled. I like a beautifully rolled … and I just was like, I mean, I’ve gone this long. It would be weird to just be like, “Okay, let me have a hit off that,” and then suddenly go back to smoking too much, which is … I don’t have a problem at all with smoking. I think it’s great. I think it’s a great drug, in terms of … Even cops say that the side effect is euphoria. Or the … what do you call it?"

The effect?
WH: "Right. The effect of it is euphoria. But when you’re doing it all the time, it just becomes … Well, you know. I feel like it was keeping me from being emotionally available. I really don’t want this interview to turn into a whole thing about that."

Well, congratulations. It’s not easy.

WH: "I still drink. But I try to be moderate with the drinking, too."

Read the full interview, where he also talks about his new movie Wilson, at Vulture.

No comments:

Post a Comment