Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Emma Watson Picks Best Disney Princess

Emma Watson recently sat down for an interview with Total Film, where she talked about her preference for Belle over Cinderella. Here's what she had to say:

On turning down Cinderella:
"I didn't know they were going to make Beauty and the Beast at the time I turned down Cinderella. But when they offered me Belle, I just felt the character resonated with me so much more than Cinderella did."

On why Belle is the superior Disney Princess:
"She remains curious, compassionate and open-minded. And that's the kind of woman I would want to embody as a role model, given the choice. There's this kind of outsider quality that Belle had, and the fact she had this really empowering defiance of what was expected of her. In a strange way, she challenges the status quo of the place she lives in, and I found that really inspiring. She manages to keep her integrity and have a completely independent point of view. She's not easily swayed by other people's perspective—not swayed by fear-mongering or scapegoating."

No comments:

Post a Comment