Thursday, November 10, 2016

Zac Posen Talks Fashion

Zac Posen recently sat down for an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, here's what he had to say:

Tell me a bit about Project Runway, it’s always fascinated me as a TV show. Would you have ever wanted to go through that process?
"I feel like I did on a bigger scale with my actual industry. I mean I think there’s something great about quick creative process and seeing that. Obviously, you don’t have the ability to perfect or reflect, which is very important to me, even though fashion is very fast-paced. I think the show's staying power is that it is about creative process."

Yeah, pure creativity which is really cool.
"Very rare on television and that’s its staying power. We are as good as the talent we get on the show. That’s what, for me, brings our performance as judges each season and fashion is incredibly competitive. I think that over the last 15 years the industry itself has become more saturated so I think as a judge the stakes get higher."

Does the show change the industry?
"I think it has been part of a change of the industry, for sure." 

It was a once a very hot ticket to see those final three runway shows at Fashion Week; was it more for the gawking and being part of a culture phenomenon than it was for the actual fashion?
"For the last five years that I’ve been on it, it’s definitely fans of the show [in the audience]. If I see somebody that I think has the intangible star quality, that glowing light, then you want to help build that and support that. Sometimes I find that the designers on there are too safe."

What was your favorite movie this year? 
"How about any year? I was born and raised on Singin' in the Rain. It’s in my work, it’s in me."

No comments:

Post a Comment